Curtiss P-40M Warhawk, G-KITT / 31423, Peter Alexander Teichman
This picture is © Martin Laycock and may not be used or published without permission.
Construction Number: 31423
Code Number: 210855 / Clawin Kitty
Model Curtiss P-40M Warhawk
Operator: Peter Alexander Teichman
Airport: North Weald (EGSX), UK - England
Photographer: Martin Laycock
Date Taken: 14/06/2012
Another view of P-40M G-KITT with her cowlings removed for some pre-season maintenance outside of her hangar at North Weald. This P-40 was built in October 1943 for the Royal Canadian Air Force. The aircraft was retired in 1950 and was acquired by Oregon State University where she was used as an instructional airframe. Following many years of storage, she was acquired in the late 1970s by Tommy Camp of Livermore, California who restored her to airworthy condition, making her first post-restoration flight in 1982. In February 1985 she moved to the UK and was operated by the Fighter Collection at Duxford. She remained there until 1995 when she moved to Dijon, France where she was operated by Christophe Jacquard registered F-AZPJ. she returned to join the Fighter Collection in 1998 and was registered G-KITT. Peter Teichman's Hangar 11 Collection purchased the aircraft in 2005 and she moved to North Weald. In May 2009 she was used in the filming of the feature film 'Red tails' operating out of a former Soviet military airfield near Prague.